We use a system called AskMyGP which is a simple and efficient way to ask for help from the practice.
The benefits of using AskMyGP are;
- It is available 6:00am – 10:00am and we respond during working hours Monday to Friday. If the system is switched off this is because the practice is at capacity and all the appointments have been booked for that day. If your problem is routine or is able to wait we would appreciate if you tried on an alternative day, a day where you have flexibility to take a telephone consultation from a Clinician. If you feel the matter is more urgent and needs to be addressed as soon as possible then please call the practice on 0161 929 1515 and speak to a reception team member who will try their best to assist. Please do not email if askmyGP is not accessible please telephone.
- AskMyGp is for appointments with the GP or Nurse Practitioner for routine appointments or appointments with the practice nurse please call the practice to arrange an appointment.
- Please only log a request on a day you are available to receive a telephone consultation. We cannot provide an exact time but will provide a 2-3 hour time window. Presently appointments are triaged by telephone first, we understand that some patients would prefer a face to face appointment and we would like to assure all patients that a face to face will be facilitated where necessary and discussed with GP/Nurse Practitioner. We understand there has been much in the media about face to face appointments and we do provide face to face appointments as necessary. However, we also understand that telephone and e-consults are very beneficial for many of our patients and our data indicates that 15-17% of our patients request a face to face appointment.
- We will usually get back to you on the day within the hour with further advice or provide a telephone consultation slot. Please look out for our reply.
- If you need to be seen the GP/Nurse will assess and arrange a face-to-face appointment
Patients are requested to submit a request for a home visit via AskMyGP or by phone before 10am. Please provide the receptionist with as much information as possible to enable the doctor to allocate priority to house calls. Please remember that several patients can be seen at the surgery in the time that it takes to do a home visit.
We have an SMS text reminder service to remind patients of their appointment details. If you would like to be included, please speak to reception.
To cancel appointments please respond to your text message appointment reminder or ring the surgery to enable the appointment to be used to benefit another patient.
If you wish to have a chaperone present with you at your appointment, please ask when you make the booking.